Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini in July and am having

Customer Question

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini in July and am having terrible trouble with it! I am elderly and probably it is just my inexperience. When I switch on it stays on no service for a long time. Then also a long time on the emergency service. Then finally it does on EE. I then flick the screen as stated in the downloaded handbook but nothing happens. After flicking all over the bottom part of the screen several times, the phone comes on. Why is it so slow? My Galaxy Ace was much quicker - I only bought a new phone as the Ace did not have much space. Why during the usage does the screen keep going blank and I have to pressing Home or power button to make it go back on again? I have spoken to Talktalk who say nothing wrong with the modem. Is it a problem with EE the server? My phone no is 01787 829737 Carol Harvey
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the power button until you see a menu and choose Power off.

Let the phone power off, then power it on and tell me how it now functions please.