Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

With TomTom in my Mazda how do I just get navigation

Customer Question

with TomTom in my Mazda how do I just get navigation instructions but turn off radio, CD etc?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Can you help me out with the model of radio\head unit you have fitted as there are 100s of different sat nav units built into Mazda' over the years

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have an Mazda MX5. The manual in the car talks about the Mazda Navigation system. There is no label or name on the unit.I want to be able to listen to navigation instructions with no background of radio or music.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately without knowing the model of in car nav I cant assist you so will opt out in favour of another expert who may know.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Nicola,
I'm keen to get an answer to this. I believe James exaggerated the need to know the precise model of Satnav.Kind regards
Martin
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't agree with James comment about needing to know the precise model of Mazda. It is a 2013 Mazda MX5.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not want to switch to a secure remote assistant! I just need to know which menu option to choose!
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Nicola,It seems that we are not going to get an answer to my question. Can you please return my payment?Regards,Martin