Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Could you please advise. Samsung H8900M blue ray player with

Customer Question

Hi could you please advise. Samsung H8900M blue ray player with 1tB hard drive and free view. Disk tray saying open on display, however it is closed. This is blocking me from using any of the functions on smart hub inc going into settings to reset. Please advise �� Dave
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

How old is the player?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
3months old. I have taken the casing off and disconnected the tray from the main board thinking it may be a tray malfunction. I have also disconnected the touch buttons on the top of the player thinking it may be a problem there. But with these both disconnected once powered up it still says "open" on front display and asks me to close the tray before I can use any of the functions. Which leads me to believe it must be a problem with the main board?

If you have opened the casing and its just 2 months old the warranty is a bad now, however to detect the tray issue can you check the tray mechanism does it have a rubber band like belt on it pulley gear.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not by the looks of it? Please see attached file. Thanks

try to locate at the bottom there must be a rubber belt which might be broken or worn off.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I won't be able to see this without removing it. But I don't think this is the problem as when I open the tray manually when it is turned off as soon as I power the player up it automatically closes the tray. But still says it is open on front display?

you will see there are few cables connected to the main board try to unplug and cables and re plug it back and then check if the problem persists that means the open/close tray sensor is bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already done this, I completely disconnected the tray from the main board and problem still persisted. I even disconnected the touch control buttons on top of player in case it was a fault there but problem still persisted. Which leads me to think it is a problem with main board? I am available all afternoon to work on it from 1pm GMT if you are available for chat then?

I am online now.

If you have tried all the steps i suggested and the problem still persists then its the problem with the main motherboard. I thing you have opened the casing and the unit is still under warranty if the warrant sticker is not damaged then you can contact the manufacturer and get the unit replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I said in my initial enquiry that I had tried all of these steps. Can you give me directions on how to fix the motherboard?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you give me any instructions on how to reset it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I cannot reset through the settings function as it won't let me access it due to it saying the tray is open

let me open the question to other experts for there view as i am out of ideas.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi is anyone else available to help me? Thanks