JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

My Panasonic recordable box is temperamental,I have tried to

Customer Question

My Panasonic recordable box is temperamental,I have tried to upgrade but it comes back that it is not available? Sometimes it connects to the tv with hdmi cable but sometimes I have to turn off at the mains and start again, any ideas?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ann, can you advise the model number of your Panasonic DVR, and what the current firmware version is?

If its already patched to the latest release this may be why your not getting the option to upgrade, however in the majority of these type of faults its the HDMI cable to blame, and buying a cheap HDMI cable from Amazon such as the one here, is worth doing first to troubleshoot the issue.

Secondly, its worth checking the TV is patched to the latest release.

If the issue persists after checking the TV is patched up to date, and a new HDMI cable has been used, its likely to be a faulty PCB, which would probably make the unit uneconomical to repair.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. As you are talking to a tech ignorant 68yr old I shall have to wait for my friend to come round next week especially as I don't understand "firmware" !!
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Firmware is the name on the software on the TV of DVD player, in essence the thing you are trying to update.

In the first instance I would look to try a new HDMI cable and see if this resolves your issue.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got that organised for later in the week as I am in a wheelchair and unable to get out to get it myself. I will be in touch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As said before, I will contact you when I have tried everything you have suggested
Ann