Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My samsung galaxy s6 edge previous apps button and split

Customer Question

my samsung galaxy s6 edge previous apps button and split screen keeps malfunctioning. Every so often is goes crazy and keeps bringing up my previous apps and then returning to normal screen even though i dont press the buttons. I tried a factory reset, I've tried to reset my settings back to default and I've tried one by one to delete my installed apps and none of these things seem to have worked. Are there any other options open to me?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you did the factory reset, did it wipe off all your data and return the phone to new?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it restored it back to as if i bought it new from the shop, then it lasted about 10 to 15 minutes and started doing it again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** mislead you here as then the problem is very clear

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstallig it via the factory reset.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.