Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Normally, whn I turn my TV on up comes a blue screen. I then

Customer Question

Normally, whn I turn my TV on up comes a blue screen. I then press the TV button on my remote and the picture comes up according to the last chnnel being watched. Today when I switch the TV on I do not get the blue screen. Rebooting my SKY box doesn't seem to help. Can you ?
There is life on the screen in as much as when I press my sound mute button, the words sound mute appear on screen against the dark background.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
37XV365D
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sky box only
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let Sky box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Have only tried rebooting the SKY box
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, please reboot TV too as suggested in previous reply to see if it helps.

If problem persist then you would need to connect another video source such as DVD player etc in HDMI input of TV to verify the HDMI input, if DVD picture appears that means Sky box isn't sending out video signal to TV due to internal failure and should be replaced to resolve the problem.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.