Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung UE55HU8200 that i bought 16 months ago. All

Customer Question

HI , I have a Samsung UE55HU8200 that i bought 16 months ago . All has been working fine until a few days ago when my sky+ plunged into HDMI1 stopped working and now shows not HDCP compatible , my playsation4 in HDMI2 also stopped working . The sky+ will now play in HDMI3 only and the playstation does not work in any port .
I have tried the following :
1. Disconnect all HDMI sources from the inputs.
- Unplug the power from TV/LCD for 10 minutes.
- Plug the TV/LCD back in.
- Connect the HDMI cable one device at a time.
- Turn on the device (ex. PS3).
2 Full factory reset though hidden menu
3 new HDMI cable
any advice ?
Steve
6. Repeat steps 4-5 for each HDMI port.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let Sky box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Shahid , yes tried that and the other things stated in the question . Even a full factory reset . is there a way to reset the HDMI inputs ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thank for the info. I'm there is other way around except to reset TV to default/ factory settings for HDMI inputs, if it doesn't work then it is definitely HDMI processor internal failure and you would need to replace main board of TV to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.