Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My es8000 tv has faint vertical lines like a barcode. It is

Customer Question

My es8000 tv has faint vertical lines like a barcode. It is only noticeable when there is mainly one colour on the screen like a football match. Is this fixable I think it maybe the led back lights are faulty.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Robert,

This would suggest a faulty screen, the cause is where one or more of the 1080 connections (one for each line) along the bottom or top fail power is lost to that line on the TV, and your left with a black line.

A series 8 TV is most likely out of warranty, and unfortunately the fix is to replace the screen which makes up 80% of the the cost of the TV, as such if you do not have any extended warranty, I would suggest you look towards putting the money towards a replacement.

However should you wish to get a quote for repair, please provide me with your postcode.

James