Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I bought a Panasonic Vierra 58"" tv for use with the Sky q

Customer Question

I bought a Panasonic Vierra 58"" tv for use with the Sky q uhh box.
It says my tv is incompatible
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

Its very unlikely your TV in incompatible, it may just require a screen resolution change within the settings.

Can you advise how your connecting the Vierra TV to the Sky Q box (eg via HDMI), secondly can you advise the model number of your TV, and also the exact error shown on display.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JamesConnected by HDMI leads to port HMI2. The model is TX-58DX75OBI have read on another help site that Panasonic make some of their TVs in Turkey and that those are not truly UHD compatible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I found:
"If you Google the set for reviews it looks like there are actually two versions of the this TV and one supports HDCP 2.2 and the other doesn't.
Sky Q Silver + 1 x Mini
Samsung UE55F6670 + Yamaha RX-A2040"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell you what the error message is until a UHD program comes on
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Looking at the technical specs I am fairly confident your model supports UHD\4K, the specs here state it supports "4K 60/50p with HDCP2.2"

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the TV then before doing anything any further setup, checking if it finds the Sky Q source?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

I havent heard back from you, just wondered how you get on checking if when plugging SKy Q directly into the TV (bypassing the Yamaha), if the HDMI port shows on the source list?