Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

What can i use to protect my smart tv from SSL and malware

Customer Question

what can i use to protect my smart tv from SSL and malware are such pretection packahes abailable like, computrer ams ipads ? you
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Patrick,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

You should consider the following advice to reduce the risk of possible attacks:

• At purchase and during setup, review the privacy policy and understand the data you are agreeing to share. Many companies share and sell user data to third parties and users need to carefully review these policies and the implications to their privacy.
  • Be careful when installing unverified applications from unknown sources
  • Enable app verification in the settings when possible
  • Modify the privacy and security settings of the device to your needs
  • Disable features that are not used, such as the camera or microphone, and consider covering the camera sensor
  • Disable or protect remote access to smart TVs when not needed
  • Use a strong encryption method, such as WPA2, when setting up Wi-Fi networks
  • Use wired connections instead of wireless where possible
  • Set up devices on a separate home network when possible, such as a guest account to help isolate the impact of compromised devices
  • Be careful when buying used smart TVs, as they could have been compromised or tampered with
  • Research the vendor’s device security measures and update frequency before you make a purchase to see if the vendor provides timely security updates
  • Install updates as soon as they become available and, if available, enable automatic updates.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------