Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Since yesterday my TX32LE8FA (Chassis GL P23A) has developed

Customer Question

Hi, since yesterday my TX32LE8FA (Chassis GL P23A) has developed the following fault. The picture rolls slowly downwards as if it had a vertical sync problem. However it does not roll smoothly but seems to jump very slowly. The problem occurs with several set top boxes and on both HDMI1 and 2 inputs. However, if I switch to 14:9 aspect the fault is gone, on all other aspects it is present. Sugestions please, I would hate to have to junk it. Many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Eddie,

I appreciate you have tried different set top boxes, have you tried a different HDMI cable, as there is a sync process as part of HDMI which should stabilise the image and this can stop working with faulty cable, and may be causing this issue.

Secondly, where are you switching the aspect ratio on the Set Top Box or the TV itself?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James,
I have tried two separate set top boxes with two separate HDMI cables on two separate HDMI inputs, so it is unlikely that the fault lies in the cable itself.I switch the aspect ratio on the TV via its Remote Control.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Is there a OSD within the set top box to do the same, I am wondering if the format the boxes are transmitting on is 14:9 or NTSC rather than PAL, which may cause this type of issue.

The other consideration, is it may be the digital encounter within the TV, if your confident the set top boxes are set up correct (and working on other TV's) then the only other thing I can suggest is a factory reset of the TV, failing that its looking like a faulty main board, which would probably be uneconomical to repair.