Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung Galexy S7. Trying to watch our VR film on

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung Galexy S7. Trying to watch our VR film on the oculas app store. When I put the phone in it says I need to install/update before playing - when I click on install/update it said it can't connect to the server. Can you advice what server this is? And any solutions ? thanks, Rebecca
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there Rebecca and welcome

Can you please hold the power button until you see a menu and choose Power off.

Then power it on and tell me if it then connects please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok I will do that now. Does it make a difference that the phone does not have a sim card in it? It is just connected to wifi. Sorry I am not great with technology!!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

No problem!, no, no difference, just has to have internet

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok that hasn't worked. Any ideas? what info do you need to connect remotely? I am not with the phone currently...my client is.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, on the phone, Go to Settings - Apps - Application Manager - More - Show system apps - look for com.facebook.system and make sure you do not see a disabled next to it

then try please