Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I'm trying to use my Panasonic TV as a display screen for

Customer Question

HI There, I'm trying to use my Panasonic TV as a display screen for the PC, but it does not seem to show the correct resolution, 1980x1080, even when I use the PC to push thorough the resolution.
Please can you help me?
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The model is the 50AS600 series.
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Hi Tim,

Your screen supports up to 1920 x 1080, as such the resolutions your trying are outside the capability of the TV, its unable to display what you have the laptop set to, in some examples default resolutions can be scaled down such as 2556 x 1440, hence why some of the laptop resolutions are displaying a picture on the TV, since the TV is able to revert back to a lower resolution.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi James, thanks for the reply. Yes I know that the screen should give us 1920x1080 but it doesn't! It is only giving us 1280x720. The reason I tried the higher resolution was just to see what happened but it just stays the same. So for the avoidance of doubt the problem I have is that when I send through the resolution from the PC at 1920x1080 I only get 1280x720! Can you tell me how to fix that please!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 16 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Nicola,
Thank you for coming back to me. I would like to wait for an answer because I would really like to fix this issue!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would very much like to have an answer on this, so yes please!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,