Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a TP Link 300mbps AV500 Wifi Powerline Extender model

Customer Question

Good Evening, I have a TP Link 300mbps AV500 Wifi Powerline Extender model TL-WPA4220KIT and it was working up until 2 days ago can you please help me try and get this back up and running.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you see the wifi network at all still?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have and can connect to my main wifi network but when move to the part of the house which i have the tp link unit i cannot connect to it.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Can you disconnect the TP link from the power, wait 5 minutes, connect it, wait 5 minutes for it to start and tell me what happens when you then try to connect to it please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK i will try this now
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it is doing exactly the same thing, .... it shows as full signal on the device but when you try to connect it comes up no internet connection, on the larger unit of the two the top light is on and the bot***** *****ght is continuously flashing????
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The smaller unit is connected into the main internet router and the top and bot***** *****ghts on this are lit!!
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, on the unit is a reset button which returns it to new, Directly press and hold the reset button on the rear panel with a solid pin for approximately 1 to 2 seconds when the device is powered on. If you can see all the lights flashing, then go off and some lights go back on slowly, that means the device has been reset successfully.

Then set it up again and once setup, tell me if it now functions please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No still not letting me connect
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

you cannot connect to the actual wireless network?

And on what device is this eg: windows 7 computer?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can connect to my main wireless network but the TP Link booster unit had a different log in and i cannot connect to it on any device (laptop, phone etc.)
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

ok, but what exactly happens when you try to connect to it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
nothing just comes up on device No Internet Connection, there is a wifi clone button on the front of the larger unit when i pressed this button and when light goes out I have no choice for connection, when flashing i get the option to join the tp link network but then "no internet connection"
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

It is the internal mainboard in the unit that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TP link to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thank you anyway!
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

you're most welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am credited