*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

OUT OF MY KINDLE wHEN I OPEN IT IGET A BOX THAT SAYS ENTER

I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY KINDLE wHEN I OPEN IT IGET A BOX THAT SAYS ENTER PASSWORD I DONT KNOW THE PASSWORD HELP PLEASE
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

To unlock and reset your Kindle, Paperwhite or Fire:

1. On a Kindle Fire (any model) attempt to enter a password—any string of characters will do—five times in a row. After the fifth failed attempt, you’ll be prompted to reset the Fire without having to go through the menus as described above.

2. On a regular Kindle, Kindle Touch or Paperwhite, reset your Kindle by entering “111222777″ as the parental controls / screen lock password.

Now the device is unlocked, but it’s also been cleared of all the content you’ve downloaded to it and it’s been totally disconnected from your Amazon account, so you’ll need to go through the set-up screens to re-register it and then re-download whatever content you’d like to have on it again.

1. For kindle keyboard> Type resetmykindle into the passcode field.
  2. Press the Enter key (below the Del key).

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S.uccess Thank you very much w.nven

Thats great!

please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.