Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a Samsung ue50h6400ak smart tv, but for some reason I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung ue50h6400ak smart tv, but for some reason I am suddenly getting 'no signal' from all hdmi ports, whatever I try to plug in. All the devices have been checked and work perfectly.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi James,

The best thing to do is go into Menu, Support and then select the option for a reset.

Reset the TV and then see if you get the same fault.

If this hasnt worked it suggests it may well be a hardware failure.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've done the reset, but it still won't read the hdmi cable. It's infuriating, because it can clearly 'see' that there is a cable plugged in as it says 'no signal' not 'no cable' - is there anything else I can try?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The TV isn't old, I don't see how it could be a hardware failure - it's barely been used!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The sign on the screen says 'No cable connected' when devices is switched off then as it powers up, the screen changes to 'no signal'.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There must be something I can do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

If you have performed a factory reset and its not displaying the HDMI signal this will be due to a hardware fault.

I assume you are seeing this fault using a number of HDMI cables in different HDMI sockets rather than the same HDMI port (as though the cable may work in a different TV it is sometimes possible the fault is due to the cable).

Once your sure its not the cable (and is present over different HDMI cables), your then into fault finding on the PCB it is most likely the T-Con board.