Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Got a Brother J5625DW printer - black print cartridge will

Customer Question

Got a Brother J5625DW printer - black print cartridge will not load - it's an original, machine says reload slowly or not recognised. Tried taking out all the cartridges and putting them in again as suggested - but black still doesn't load, HELP NEEDED - GOT BIG PRINT JOB ON!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already done that !
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Ok Tony, nothing was mentioned from you about what you have tried. I am sorry if my initial instructions upsetted you...

To avoid that again, can you please tell me everything you have tried

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already taken some advice and I am now at the last stage before I ditch the machine. So, another £15 is not welcome ,if you can't offer any further suggestions, then, that's what I will do - sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Tony... I sent you the following message just now, can you please reply to it?

I again repeated it below

Ok Tony, nothing was mentioned from you about what you have tried. I am sorry if my initial instructions upsetted you...To avoid that again, can you please tell me everything you have triedThank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As previously said, I have taken out all the cartridges and put them back. I have used compressed air and some tissues to clean the 3 contacts at the back of the cartridge holder - Don't know what else to do! All the other colours load up fine and I am using an original cartridge.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks Tony, I am nore sure where you put that information but none of that was in this question, but no problem

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Richard, I have to go out to work now - but- will be back at 2:00pm UK time - will you still be on line
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

yes I will be Tony. Till then

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard - back on printer repair duty - I have done what you suggest and still get a message reinstall black cartridge slowly ! Is there any hope? Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, can you try a different cartrisge please, does it work with that one (to rule out a faulty cartridge)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have now tried all the black cartridges I have. The only one that doesn't give the message is the code B-LC229BK the others are the smaller capacity ones. The extra capacity is empty so I will order up a new one. The codes on the smaller version are 227 so it appears the printer will only recognise the extra capacity . I will order it now and it should be here tomorrow first thing. I will give you a report then. Sorry to be a pain with such a small thing!
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Not a problem at all!

Let me know how it goes tomorrow please