Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic Viera that is 2011 model - no internet

Hi, I have a Panasonic Viera that is 2011 model - no internet etc. How do I connect it to wifi so that I can use internet on my TV? The model number is ***** Thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Do you have Panasonic wireless LAN adapter for this TV?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is that what I need?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Yes, you would need a wireless LAN adapter DY-WL10E-K https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DY-WL10E-K-DY-WL-10E-Netzwerkadapter/dp/B003922QY4?tag=incepin-20 to plug it in USB port of TV then go into TV menu then Setup and run Network wireless setup to connect this TV to wifi modem for internet.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I have better alternate suggestion to make this a Smart TV.

Get Roku device that has builtin lots of internet apps, wifi etc to connect to wifi modem, plug Roku device into HDMI input of TV to get all latest video streaming channels on this TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Roku device will cost less than LAN adapter and you can add/ remove channels (free or premium) as per choice into your Roku device easily.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is the Roku device easy to purchase because the other item was from USA and although it said free shipping it wasn't.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Roku device is easy to purchase and will be available in UK as well, let me check it..

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will Roku enable internet use then on TV?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would need a streaming player as opposed to Rocku streaming Stick?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Let me explain, Roku device is an 'internet video streaming player' that has all the features as you see on today's smart TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Roku stick or Roku box, both will work and have same features, only difference is their physical size.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would this work?http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/smart-tv/roku-3500eu-streaming-stick-22067491-pdt.html
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Yes, it will work. This device plugs directly into HDMI input of TV, select that HDMI input in TV to get Roku home screen to proceed by using supplier Roku remote.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand that last bit... I need the Roku remote?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Remote and stick will come in package as you can see both things in that link

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
will the Roku only provide video streaming? As opposed to the Wireless LAN adapter that will enable internet use on TV??
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Roku has builtin wifi adapter and will connect to your wifi modem easily like a cellphone or Laptop etc

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

You wont need any other wireless adapter for this or any other TV.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you very much for your help. I will give you 5 stars and I wish you well. God bless.Best wishes from Ali
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 months ago.

Thank you Ali, wish you the best~