Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic led 37" flat screen Tv. I've had it now a

Good evening
I have a Panasonic led 37" flat screen Tv. I've had it now a number of years with no problems at all. Tonight whilst watching a Tv programme a loud piercing sound began, out of the blue, could not get the sound to turn down. Tv was very hot to touch so immediately turned it off and unplugged it from the electric. That was more than 2 hours ago and the Tv is still making this sound. It's a bit frightening as unsure if it's dangerous in this state.
Please would like help as to what to do with it to make this sound stop if possible.Many thanks
Marian
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- What part/ area of the TV was hot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model no. TH-37pX70BA
The top of the Tv was hot
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry model no. TH-37PX70BA
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, it is 37 inch plasma TV and approx 10 years old.

Does TV show picture if plug it in power socket?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No prefer to type not call thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

- Does TV show picture if plug it in power socket?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will try now to check this as we have not done this since .Have just tried it yes it's working normal but loud sound still there and does not turn down using remote controll
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
have you any suggestions as to what might the fault be and is it a serious fault.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems there are few capacitors have become bad/ failed due to aging on power supply and/or sustain boards of TV and replacement of bad capacitors will fix the issue in TV.

I'm afraid it is not any wrong setting or reset issue but a hardware related problem, a capacitor is an electronic part utilized widely in circuit boards that tends to go bad after few years of service, replacement of bad capacitors need good soldering work with proper tools and expertise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this a costly item to replace
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

It needs to remove back cover of TV and visual check of capacitors to find out which one has top puffed, swollen or leaky/ liquid on its base to mark it as bad and replace it with same rating written on it. If you're uncomfortable working on it yourself then local TV repair shop will do it for you but it may cost you good money like $300 plus.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective parts replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your informative reply much appreciated
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Much welcome, wish you the best~