michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I am connected wirelessly to my printer, MFC-J5625DW. It

Customer Question

Hi, i am connected wirelessly to my printer, MFC-J5625DW. It prints fine but i cannot seem to get the scanner function working, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What Operating System (OS) is running on the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
windows

Windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, any idea when you will call me? I am only in my office for 1 more hour.

in the page that opens you will see just answer remote desktop..scroll down the page and click on i agree
it will download a file Elsinore screen connect exe at bottom of screen
once its downloaded, open\run the file ..you can double click on it to run it
once it starts to run it will ask do you want to allow the file to make changes...say yes to it

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there are messages appearing on my screen but i cannot red them??

i am now connected to your computer via remote access and will help you with the scanner issue

Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer i tried to call you but somehow was unable to reach you so gave you teh remote assistance linkCustomer you can chat with me on this caht boxCustomer chat boxCustomer are you bale to see my messages
Guest: thats better!Customer greatCustomer is the printer turned on
Guest: yesCustomer let me take a qucik look at the settings..will take mouse control nowCustomer has the scanning stopped working recently
Guest: yesCustomer okCustomer is there a document on the scanner glassCustomer ??
Guest: noCustomer ok...there is a low ink message as well
Guest: i can put one on now?Customer that would be great
Guest: i know about the ink, its okCustomer let me know once you have replaced teh ink
Guest: new ink is in nowCustomer please put a document on the scanner glass and let me know once done
Guest: doneCustomer thanksCustomer is this the document you had placed
Guest: yesCustomer its scanned now
Guest: i can see that, but how domi do it?Customer you need to open control panel...devices and printers..right clcik on printer icon and click on start scanCustomer try it with a different document and let me know
Guest: okCustomer not from settingsCustomer in teh search box type devices and printersCustomer right clcik on printer
Guest: i used to be able to do it staright from the actual printer, let me try thatCustomer ok
Guest: how can i change the destination folder for the import?Customer let me do that
Guest: ok, please make it the downloads folderCustomer ok
Guest: on the printer it says that there is no pc on the same network but there clearly is ??Customer yes...it might need a connection refershCustomer will let you know how to do it
Guest: tried thatCustomer let em first change teh destination folder
Guest: ok, lets try your way!!
Guest: okCustomer you want a seperate folder within downloads
Guest: no thnksCustomer or directly teh downloads folderCustomer please dont move mouse
Guest: there is 2 download folders, let me shoiw which one is correctCustomer ok
Guest: it is cioirrectCustomer ok so now it will scan to downloads folder
Guest: yes, but strangly it did not show up in date order? but hey i can live with that!Customer thanks :)Customer you can refresh teh connection by turning off pc, printer and routerCustomer then need to turn on computer first..then router...once connected to ibnternet turn on printerCustomer that should refresh teh connection
Guest: ok, i will try that and message you if not successfulCustomer you may message me on just answer page as i will get disocnnected from remote session once you shut down the computer
Guest: ok, thanks for your help, much appreciatedCustomer you are welcome
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, now when i try to scan after switching everything off it tells me i have to install a WIA driver?? Is it not possible for you to call me? I cannot see why you cannot reach me, my phone is here and switched on. Thanks

would you like me to remote connect and install the scanner driver for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that would be helpful, but why did it dissappear anyway?

after a computer shutdown the session disconnects..so need to reconnect