Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

WE bought our Epsom Printer last June 16 and have had no end

Customer Question

WE bought our Epsom Printer last June 16 and have had no end of problems with it, I have bought the Epsom Cartridges and after about 12 times of ignoring the command "cannot recognise the following ink cartridge. Try installing them again, most times I have got it to work but no today. I have got an Epsom XP630 Expression Premium and using No. 33. Today I have tried 3 genuine Magenta cartridges and none of them work, I have tried switching it on/off and to no avail. So could you please help either ringing me or online 01344 774344 Sue Davis Many thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard, NO Sorry its still coming up with the same message "Cannot recognise ink cartridge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I called but it went to voicemail.

But do the instructions I just gave please Sue and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard Have done what you said but it still dosent work. Sue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could you please ring me on the landline as |I am having problems with my mobile also. Thanks 01344 774344
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi Sue, you sure you did the instructions as it was less then 10 minutes so it was not possible...

The instructions were

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK will do. Sue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry but I am not having luck with the printer, the same message has come up. Cheers Sue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you put different ink cartridges in the printer and tell me if it gives the error with this please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have changed the black and yellow and at first they all didn't work but they do now but its gone back to the |Magenta not working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this now confirms it Sue

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I send the printer back to you or my supplier in Crowthorne and has it got to go back by carrier. Do I get a £30 refund please. If so can you give the address.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You always go through the company you purchased the printer from.

The payment you made was for my service which I provided to you.