JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

The Samsung TV model is UE49K5100AK and Type no is UE49K5100

The Samsung TV model is UE49K5100AK and Type no is UE49K5100I am trying to work out how to connect my TV (details above) to my wifi network so that I can connect my apple laptop to my TV.Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The K5100 is a entry level TV with non smart hub, or built-in wireless functionality.

You can buy a wireless adaptor for the TV, however the fact there are is no app store, and WIFI-Direct isnt supported, would suggest you still wouldnt be able to stream your Laptop to your TV. The best option would be to use a HDMI cable from the Apple Laptop to the TV.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

If you advise the model of laptop I can recommend a suitable cable.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks! So that explains why I couldn't seem to find the functionality on my TV (which was provided by my landlord). I relocated from US to UK recently and my own TV in US connected to wifi with no problem at all! I have a Macbook....thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

No problem, the cable you require can be found here, if you want to display your laptop content on the TV via HDMI.

Please rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there - please could you forward to me the link again - it went to Viking web site but not the actual product (i.e. The cable). Thanks, alison
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The link above works for me when I click it, on the Viking website search for Q29-6567074 that should take you to the cable.

James