JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336
Electronics

I have a Samsung UE46D7000 Smart TV. BBC I-Player will not

I have a Samsung UE46D7000... Show More
I have a Samsung UE46D7000 Smart TV. BBC I-Player will not be available on it after mid October 2017. Before looking into the purchase of a streamer of some sort are you able to confirm that there is no other way, e.g. downloading an update to the I-Player, that I would be able to continue to watch I-Player on this TV?Peter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Show Less
replied 1 month ago.

Hi Peter,

The D7000 range is a very old model and the underlying software on the TV is the issue, as it cant support the new software (app) which BBC iPlayer will require.

A full list of supported Samsung devices can be found here, this has also been the case two years ago when Amazon withdraw support for the same range of TV's.

From experience customer who have gone for the Amazon fire stick have all told me they have been very impressed with how it works, and how simple it is (just plug it into the HDMI port at the back of the TV, plug it into the mains and away you go).

James