Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ60 and unable to enter wifi

Hello, I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ60 and unable to enter wifi password ***** text entry function. I am unable to switch from texting numbers to letters. Pressing the display button does not do this for me. Can you help?
John

Hi there and welcome

To switch the character types to numbers you select the A a with the arrows between them, above the delete button on the screen

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already tried selecting the Aa then pressing menu/set - no joy. I also tried pressing the display button, did not work either. The text selection appears to be stuck on just numbers, no letters. I used the text selection before, when I first bought the camera. I am using it again as I moved house with a different router, so when I press the wifi button, it asks for the new password ***** I can't enter, (as explained).
John

calling

as discussed, please reset the camera by doing the following

• First, the camera must be in “record” mode
  • Press [Menu/Set] button
  • Press [Down] button to select the “SETUP” menu, that is the one with a “spanner” icon.
  • Now press the [Right] button
  • Press few times [Down] button until you see “RESET” option there
  • When you select the “RESET”, press [Right] button and then select “YES”
  • Press [Menu/ Set] button

Then try wifi, let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry for phone difficulties. you were breaking up a lot.I'll check my emails for next step John

no problem John

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but I just need to confirm this as difficulties continue: I am in record mode, ie as if I am about to take a photo. then I press menu/set as you instructed. Next I have selected setup (with spanner), then I get list of options eg clock set. When I then press the right button, I just enter eg the clock functions to change the time etc. Sorry but I can't find "reset"
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry to take so long,

Please go to the setup menu and locate reset there please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok I shall try again, thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have found reset by accessing the set up menu via the button I use to look at my recorded photos. Sorry I didnt know this is called the record mode. I shall now try the remainder of the above steps you advised and let you know in a few mins if that's ok
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I pressed the "reset wifi settings" button just above the reset button and told the wifi settings were reset, then to use the lumix club menu to erase login ID. I shall proceed from here without difficulty. Thanks for your help. Sorry for confusion over phone, it was due to m thinking record mode was the mode to take (record) photos instead of the mode to look at photos already recorded! Thanks, John

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still don't know yet if the text function will work - I shall see once I have followed the above steps fully