Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ60 and unable to enter wifi

Hello, I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ60 and unable to enter wifi password ***** text entry function. I am unable to switch from texting numbers to letters. Pressing the display button does not do this for me. Can you help?
John
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

To switch the character types to numbers you select the A a with the arrows between them, above the delete button on the screen

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have already tried selecting the Aa then pressing menu/set - no joy. I also tried pressing the display button, did not work either. The text selection appears to be stuck on just numbers, no letters. I used the text selection before, when I first bought the camera. I am using it again as I moved house with a different router, so when I press the wifi button, it asks for the new password ***** I can't enter, (as explained).
John
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

calling

Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

as discussed, please reset the camera by doing the following

• First, the camera must be in “record” mode
  • Press [Menu/Set] button
  • Press [Down] button to select the “SETUP” menu, that is the one with a “spanner” icon.
  • Now press the [Right] button
  • Press few times [Down] button until you see “RESET” option there
  • When you select the “RESET”, press [Right] button and then select “YES”
  • Press [Menu/ Set] button

Then try wifi, let me know the results please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Sorry for phone difficulties. you were breaking up a lot.I'll check my emails for next step John
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

no problem John

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks but I just need to confirm this as difficulties continue: I am in record mode, ie as if I am about to take a photo. then I press menu/set as you instructed. Next I have selected setup (with spanner), then I get list of options eg clock set. When I then press the right button, I just enter eg the clock functions to change the time etc. Sorry but I can't find "reset"
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
sorry to take so long,
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Please go to the setup menu and locate reset there please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
ok I shall try again, thanks
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have found reset by accessing the set up menu via the button I use to look at my recorded photos. Sorry I didnt know this is called the record mode. I shall now try the remainder of the above steps you advised and let you know in a few mins if that's ok
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I pressed the "reset wifi settings" button just above the reset button and told the wifi settings were reset, then to use the lumix club menu to erase login ID. I shall proceed from here without difficulty. Thanks for your help. Sorry for confusion over phone, it was due to m thinking record mode was the mode to take (record) photos instead of the mode to look at photos already recorded! Thanks, John
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I still don't know yet if the text function will work - I shall see once I have followed the above steps fully