Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

What settop box do I need to convert an old TV to digital TV

What settop box do I need to convert an old TV to digital TV model is TX-22LT3
-
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

What you need is a HDMI to Scart convertor box

You can get this here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Converter-Adapter-quality-Blue/dp/B007WRPJX2

You then plug your digital box into this convertor, then the Scart cable fro the box into the TV and it will allow for the digital signal

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry but being 83 yrs old and new to this do I need to buy a digital box and the convertor
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

It is ok!

What do you want to connect to the TV that is digital? As with my solution it can be anything

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
This is an anologue TV but I want it to be able to watch digital as I understand anologue is no longer available
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Correct so if you get s Sky Box for example and the adapter I recommended, this will work for you.

Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.