Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sumsung es 71 camera. Just charged it and charging lead

Sumsung es 71 camera. Just charged it and charging lead showed green When i try to open the camera, I get one green blink on the camera and a loud beep. The screen stays dead and the camera is inactive. Please help. It was working before I charged it
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the camera and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the camera.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Green light on camera is flashing. Screen shows connecting USB
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

ok, connect it to your computer

Tell me what it then does please.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I don’t Use it connected to a computer
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

yes, but it is asking to be connected to one, can you connect it please and tell me what then happens

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I will have to boot it up. This will take a few minutes. I am talking to you on my I pad.
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

No problem and thanks

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Charging lead is showing green. Camera light initially flashing green .now continuous. Removed charging lead. Camera working! What was wrong?
Expert:  Richard replied 28 days ago.

It needed a brief connection with the computer it will have been for an update

Glad it is now working, If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.