Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sorry got cut off. screen goes dead but sound remains on

sorry got cut off . screen goes dead but sound remains on both tv and dvd. Not all the time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
LE40R73BDX/XEU serial no AEL73S1LB01328A Version SP01
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for TV model number info.

- Does screen stay black for sort time and light up itself after some time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no stays black
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, you said - screen goes dead but sound remains on both tv and dvd. Not all the time

Does screen every light up and display picture?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if i twiddle with remote sometimes it does but mostly stays dead but with sound still on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it just suddenly cuts off but with sound still on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, this type of TV has backlight system inside screen to glow it so viewer can see the image, it seems backlight system isn't working thus screen becomes dark, it needs power supply board replacement to fix the problem as power board provides high voltage to backlight system in screen.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Required power board part number is ***** that can be used to search/ google to get price info if you have plan to replace it by yourself.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.