Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My elderly neighbour's panasonic telephone is not ringing

my elderly neighbour's panasonic telephone is not ringing out on incoming calls but her extension upstairs is. batteries in the main handset are ok , but it fails to 'ping' when replaced on the rest.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.

If the phone shows an incoming call on the display ok but it is not ringing then the internal speaker has likely failed.

The handset will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Hello - I see you gave me a negative rating without any explanation! :(
I am user of this site, just like you. The rating is only for my service to you and nothing else.
A negative rating means I am penalized for trying to assist you. It does not process a refund of your payment.
Is there any part of my answer that you need clarification on?
I hope you reconsider the rating. Please advise and thank you for your time.
You can re-rate again at any time.
Pete.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hello Pete,As a TalkTalk customer I am able to speak to an expert adviser free of charge at any time so. I was frankly disgusted to have to pay £13 to contact a Panasonic expert let alone a further £15 to speak to one.which I would much preferred in the first place. Bearing in mind I was performing an act of kindness for my 93 year-old neighbour and I cannot in all conscience pass the charge on to her. I myself am 82 years of age..I am happy to re-rate you personally despite the long delay in answering.Unfortunately her system is out of date and replacement handsets are no longer cavailable! She had already bought a new system NOT Panasonic!