Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic TX-48cx400B tv that has just made a noise

I have a Panasonic TX-48cx400B tv that has just made a noise now the power comes on a nd goes off and there is no picture
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 27 days ago.
What is the status of the power/standby light?
Does it show a pattern of blinks?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
The power light comes on shows red stable push power button again flashes as if tv coming on no picture screen black after a few seconds power switches off
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hi Pete
Did you manage to come up with any solutions to the problem the TV is only 14 months old I tried the TV again this morning but power still coming on stable then flashes when power button pressed again no picture then power goes off again.
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Ok, so no picture or audio?

There is a fault with the power supply board inside the TV - it will need to be replaced.

Is this something you plan on repairing yourself?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
HiThank you for the info I think I will call Panasonic tomorrow as the tv should last a lot longer than 14 months so I will make a complaint to them as I feel they should fix or replace it as it looks like this could have been a fault that was there when tv under warranty.
Is this an expensive fault to repair including parts and labour
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Yes, well at least you are still within the 2 year warranty period so any repair or replacement is free :)

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
According to Tesco Direct it only comes with a one year warranty
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

They will try to tell you that, however all electronic goods purchased anywhere in the UK or EU come with a minimum 2 year guarantee - you may need to inform Tesco about this as they may not be aware of it, but you are protected by this law:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1677034/Two-year-warranty-EU-law.html

The cost of this type of repair is typically around £100 to £150 for the board and £50 to fit i t.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Thank you for the info you have been so helpful I will go and rate you now.
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Thanks very much, have a good day!
Pete.