Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ100/DMC which shows an error

I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ100/DMC which shows an error message a few seconds after switching the camera on with word (Zoom) The lens cannot be retracted.Regards
Michael
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and turn it on.
Tell me please if it now starts correctly please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have carried out your instructions Battery out Shutter down for 60 Secs followed by 5 Mins wait No success
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

We will rule out if the Lens assembly has siezed.

To do this, turn the camera upside down and put it on something that vibrates such as an electric razor.

Then power it on and off up to 10 times and tell me if this gets it to start please Michael.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have carried out your suggestion Camera upside down - Lens pointing downwards No success
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you think has caused the problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the Drive motor for the Lens that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately I can't give you a full rating as the problem has not been fixed, Although I have had the camera for just under a year It has hardly been used so very disapointed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, I am sorry you are dissapointed in my service. I do ask please you take into consideration you are rating my service and not the results as I cannot fix from here a hardware fault, only eliminate all causes and confirm the issue if as in this case, it is hardware.

I receive nothing if I do not receive a positive rating, and a negative rating ensures In receive nothing but a black mark on my profile.

But if you are very dissapointed in my service, then that is a pity... as I am not sure what else could have been done then to actuallly provide you a postive experience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On that basis I can give you a 5 Star rating Would you please give me an address to ship to and a Ref. NumberRegardsMichael
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you Michael, that is appreciated.

The place of purchase always handles the return and warranty for you. You take the camera back to where it was purchased from and they organize the replace for you.

All products are done in this manner.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, Richard
RegardsMichael
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please rememer to click on of the stars at the top of the screen then submit to rate my service.