JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a tunturi C65 crosstrainer - it has developed an

Customer Question

I have a tunturi C65 crosstrainer - it has developed an intermittent fault where after a few minutes the resistance goes to zero and the time/calories/distance stop changing - would a software update fix this - if so where can I download the files?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

A firmware (software which controls the cross trainer) would not fix this fault.

You can check if your frimware is current by calling the service line on +31 36 546 00 50

It suggests the PCB on the appliance has developed a fault, they dont seem to have any service centres (just resellers) in the UK, as such this would suggest the fault you have is uneconomical to repair.

However before writing it off, if you provide me with the serial number and date of purchase I can contact them for you and see if they can swap it out with a reconditioned unit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thnks for this james - the serial number is ***** and I bought it in february 2009.
the problem seems to be in sending/receiving data/instructions from the consol to the electromagnetic unit on the wheel - so the console thinks the wheel is stationary so doesn't count the time and the ems unit is not getting any resistance instructions from the console.... intermittently. I am wondering if i'm lucky it could be a loose connection or maybe a problem with the cable - it would be good to know what replacement recon unit would cost/if it might be available and i'll also look at the physical connection.
thanks again
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

It could be a data cable fault, have you checked the plug at the back of the console, the cable should just be a normal network cable (RJ45 plug at each end), so if tis the cable you can pick one up from any computer store.

The sensor is about £25, I have located a UK stockist called Benchmark, their number is ***** 870 363

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks james - it hasn't failed since i checked the cable so i'm guessing it just must have been the connection - thanks again for your help