Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Old TV, Daewoo DLT-32C3FTB I don't know the lock key. How

Old TV, Daewoo DLT-32C3FTB I don't know the lock key. How can I reset without knowing the old one please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you attempt the following please

Press the "Menu" key on the Daewoo remote repeatedly until you see the "Special" menu.

Use the channel up and down buttons on the remote to access the "Parental Controls" section of the special menu and use the volume button to select that item.

Unlock the programming using the parental controls menu. If you know the password, you can unlock certain channels or programs on this menu. If you do not know the password, you can use the "change password" option toward the bottom of the menu to set a new parental password.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard, when I press the menu button in the remote I don't get a 'special' menu option, only 'picture', ''screen', 'sound' 'function' or 'dvb mode' non of which have a 'special' option.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Try using the code 0000 (4 times zero)

Does it accept this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've already tried 4 zeros, 4 1's 4 9's, consecutive runs ie 1234 etc. All to no avail.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, press the key sequence: RED - GREEN - YELLOW - CYAN.

Then it should be 0000

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bring up the dialogue box "enter lock key" press the colour sequence and the dialogue box disappears leaving an unresponsive blank screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Ok, but with the TV on, no box up. press that sequence RED - GREEN - YELLOW - CYAN.

Then when the box comes up try 0000 please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard, I'm sorry but I had to leave our conversation the other day. When I tried the last instruction, as I entered the last '0' the dialogue box disappeared as if the code had worked but I got a flash of information stating channel 5 but with no signal strength. Having changed the aerial cable and access point to one that I know works I still couldn't get a signal. I've decided to scrap the tele all this is not really worth it. You have been really helpful and I'll rate you as such. Cheers