Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Epson 2550. When I scan an A4 document in the

I have an Epson 2550. When I scan an A4 document in the resulting print ends up with the document in the middle of an A4 piece of paper and a large border all around. As I have to scan music in fairly regularly it is hopless.

Hi there and welcome

this is in the copy settings.

Press the home button

Select Copy

then press OK

Change With Border to Bordless and then copy and the border should not appear anymore

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard. I have just tried out your instructions. the first thin is that when i go to copy then settings it doesn't give me an option to haave Borderless. I tried A4 and then tried scanning but I still ended up with the document in the middle of the paper.

You will see the option where it says border, select that and you can set it to borderless.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can see border but it won’t let me select it. When I try going up and down the options I just get a box that says reduce enlarge actual size. I can’t select the word border
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will leave it as it is starting to cost. Thanks anyway.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will try that thanks

Thanks, ***** ***** know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I turned it off turned it back on. I Still can select ‘border’ and the scan still has a border

Press the home button

Press the arrow buttons to select Setup and press the OK button. You see this screen:

Press the arrow buttons to select Restore Default Settings and press the OK button.

Choose All Settings and reset it then try to copy please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I have done all that. It copies fine but it will not scan without a border and I still can’t select or deselect the ‘with border’ option

Which program are you using to scan?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I open the printer in the system preferences and press the scan option

On a mac computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
MacBook Air

Iwill check your settings at no extra charge there

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

Run the file and give me the ID and Password

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ID
800 772 016
password
s68zr6

thanks