Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Epson Printer XP-610. Switched on this morning to get:

Customer Question

Epson Printer XP-610. Switched on this morning to get: "Switch power on and off. Error OxF1". Tried switching on and off several times but still get same message. Martin ************@******.***

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tried switching on and off power. Still get same error message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK did all that but still get same error message.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

How is the printer connected to the computer? Viaa wireless or USB?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dear *****Sorry! I was out last night. My Epson printer is connected wirelessly to our BT hub. I checked the connection just now and it's Ok but the printer still jumps to Error message a second or two after switching on power.Martin.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

On the back of the hub is a reset button, hold that in for 10 seconds, then release and then try to print please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am out of town for two days returning on Saturday. Will look for reset button and try it when i get back. Thank you. Will be in touch. Martin
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thabnk you Martin

Travel safe