JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I recently purchased a secondhand galaxy S6 edge phone and

Hi there. My name is***** recently purchased a secondhand galaxy S6 edge phone and it has a pink line running down the centre. Hope someone can help me to get rid of It!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Kathy,

Is the line down the centre of the screen, and visable from top to bottom?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is one solid line from the bottom to the top
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ate u still there?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Yes please give me a minute just looking up costs of repair.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I am afraid this is a hardware fault (not software), it suggests a connector on the screen has come lose and preventing it from controlling that row of LEDs.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

The screens use very small connections so I dont believe the screen can be repaired which leaves replacing the screen, as its not the glass (which is a £10 part), but the actual screen which sits behind at fault.

Typical cost of a new screen is around £100 from looking at ebay here.

If your still in touch with the seller I would look to get a refund, if this isnt an option give a minute and I will see if I can locate some online firms who can replace the screen, as you will find most local phone shops will charge a significant overhead.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thought as much. The seller did say about the pink line so dont think i can get a refund. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I will give them a call tomorrow. Youve been a great help. Will rate this highly. Bye.