JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I recently purchased a secondhand galaxy S6 edge phone and

Hi there. My name is***** recently purchased a secondhand galaxy S6 edge phone and it has a pink line running down the centre. Hope someone can help me to get rid of It!

Hi Kathy,

Is the line down the centre of the screen, and visable from top to bottom?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is one solid line from the bottom to the top
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ate u still there?

Yes please give me a minute just looking up costs of repair.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok

I am afraid this is a hardware fault (not software), it suggests a connector on the screen has come lose and preventing it from controlling that row of LEDs.

The screens use very small connections so I dont believe the screen can be repaired which leaves replacing the screen, as its not the glass (which is a £10 part), but the actual screen which sits behind at fault.

Typical cost of a new screen is around £100 from looking at ebay here.

If your still in touch with the seller I would look to get a refund, if this isnt an option give a minute and I will see if I can locate some online firms who can replace the screen, as you will find most local phone shops will charge a significant overhead.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thought as much. The seller did say about the pink line so dont think i can get a refund. Thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I will give them a call tomorrow. Youve been a great help. Will rate this highly. Bye.