Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Samsung s7 edge black screen with charging and notification

samsung s7 edge black screen with charging and notification lights still working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Phone and use it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing happened
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Can you hold Volume UP and Power for 7 seconds then release.

Does anything then show up on the screen? If it works you should see a recovery menu

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing aagain
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.