*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I can’t connect to the kindle store. Message says that I

I can’t connect to the kindle store. Message says that I should reset the kindle. I have done this (kept on switch slid over for more than 40 seconds). I have connected to two different wireless routers. What should I try next
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 month ago.

My name is Randy,
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This sounds like you may need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randy
It is an old Kindle! It has a keyboard!
Device Info has Wi-Fi info, serial number and network Capability. At the bottom of the screen it reports Kindle Version 3.0.2 (529960105)
Hope this helps
Paul
Okay, it will definitely need to be updated.
You will need to perform the updates one at a time until you get it to the latest update.
From your computer, go to Kindle Keyboard Software Updates and download the applicable software update file.
Transfer the software update file to your Kindle device:
Turn your Kindle Keyboard on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive.
Note: Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.Monitor file transfer and disconnect:
After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
Start the software update:
From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
Press the Menu button, and then select Update Your Kindle. This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
Select OK to perform the update. Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. After the first update, you will see Your Kindle is Updating.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi RandyMany thanks for your help. All updated and working now.Kind regardsPaul
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Randy was able to guide me clearly to upgrade the software in my very old Kindle. It can once again reach the Kindle store and I can once again get books. Many thanks. Highly recommended.

That's great!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!