Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Fire 7" tablet. I have been trying to Skype family

I have a Fire 7" tablet. I have been trying to Skype family members overseas; the connection is good, the picture is clear but the sound is almost non-existent. They can hear me; I can hardly hear them. I have turned up the volume as high as it will go, but to no avail. What more can I do, please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use Skype.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou for your help; I will do as you suggest. I am sorry I can't give you immediate feedback - Skyping the family has to take into account different time zones and heavy work schedules! But I will reply in due course. Have a good day! E.W.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

I will mark this question to remain open, this is no problem so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.