Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Pioneer X-HM76 micro system and a multiroom MRX-3

I have a Pioneer X-HM76 micro system and a multiroom MRX-3 speaker.
Both systems came with fireconnect and until yesterday I was able to stream music through the HM76 onto the speakers of both devices across 2 rooms.But yesterday there seemed to be a firmware update of the MRX-3 speaker. The Pioneer remote app on my phone said that the MRX-3 speaker would no longer connect through fireconnect without the update. So I updated the MRX-3 speaker but the Pioneer now no longer recognises the MRX-3 speaker as a device which can be “grouped” with the HM76 for the purposes of multiroom music.I think - though I am not hundred percent sure - that after the update the MRX-3 speaker referred to “flareconnect” rather than “fireconnect”. Notably the HM76 still refers to “fireconnect”.This is really disappointing as I specifically bought these by devices to be grouped together for multiroom music (specifically playing the same music simultaneously across 2 rooms) for a party on Saturday night.The devices are advertised as being able to connect to each other via fireconnect.What is the solution?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 15 days ago.

Hi Simon,

Looks like Pioneer released a firmware update for the HM76 on 30/10/17, so I would try installing that, it's available here:

http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/uk/firmware_update/13388

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Simon,

Furthermore, here's an article about Flareconnect and the firmware roll-out.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/onkyo-and-pioneer-announce-flareconnect-wireless-multi-room-platform

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks - this is helpful. One of the probs is that the HM76 should be "aware" of the new update and show an outstanding update on the small display in the network settings area. It is not showing any outstanding update and so I don't know how to get the update onto the device.sIMON

Hi Simon,

Firstly, is your unit connected to the internet to receive the update?

If so, I guess they haven't broadcast this yet, but you can update via the USB method as per the manual if you need this urgently.

Alternatively, I'd suggest contacting Pioneer about this on 0208(###) ###-####

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 14 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 11 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.Best Regards,Rich