Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Panasonic sound bar constantly beeping and pairing but it is

panasonic sound bar constantly beeping and pairing but it is already connected to my laptop pc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 13 days ago.

Hi Alastair,

Do you have the Panasonic model number please?

Try turning it off at the mains for about 30 secs and back on. Does it start beeping straight away, or when you press a specific button, etc?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Apologies for brevity. Not yet had a chance to review your response. Hopefully continue and resolve problem tomorrow. Thanks. Alastair.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 10 days ago.

Hi Alastair,

Thanks for the update.Best Regards,Rich
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I have tried turning off and on again. Still beeps annoyingly. It is a Panasonic Theater System - basically a sound bar and separate bluetooth connected sub woofer. The sound bar is connected to my computer successfully - although it disconnects sometimes....However the soundbar display keeps flashing ''pairing'' even when it is connected to my PC.

Hi Alastair,

Couple of thoughts:

1. If the computer is disconnecting sometimes, then it will try to PAIR again - see if bringing your computer closer to the sound bar helps.

2. Could the Soundbar be trying to Pair with another Bluetooth device in the vicinity, such as your mobile, etc. If so 'tell' these devices to forget the Soundbar.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The soundbar is about 6 inches away from the state of the art Dell notebook.
I have already told my phone to forget the soundbar and it now does not display on the list of bluetooth devices.

Hi Alistair,

OK this will sound strange, but try moving the Dell notebook further away, say a couple of metres, as maybe there is some interference being caused here.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Rich,I have moved it further away. So far so good - if you don't mind I'll see how it goes today and will rate you tomorrow if all fine.Thanks for your help. Al.

Hi Alistair,

That's fine. Fingers crossed.

Best Regards,

Rich