Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

We have just moved into the flat at 13 Cloncurry House,

Customer Question

We have just moved into the flat at 13 Cloncurry House, Spencer Dock, Dublin 1. Virgin Media have supplied a Virgin Media Hub and a Samsung Set Top Box, while we have purchased a Samsung 40-inch TV. I have made repeated attempts to connect those pieces of equipment to the existing Virgin Media Connection Box, but I have never got further than a TV screen that says something like “English language Choose English”. The Hub is live, the Broadband connection to the internet is working, and we have successfully used the TV to view RTE player, but we are unable to watch live TV. I have contacted Virgin Media about this, so far without result.Several items of online advice stress that our equipment should be connected to the right-hand connection on the Connection Box, and one adds the comment that the left-hand connection is reserved for FM radio. However, our Connection Box does not have a right-hand connection, so I have had to try to connect our equipment to the solitary left-hand connection. Would it make sense to you that the previous tenant of the flat may have had only a FM radio connection to Virgin Media? If so, presumably we will have to get Virgin Media to fit a normal Connection Box with a TV connection.If our problem is not related to the Connection Box, what do you think the problem might be, and what should we do about it? In my last interrupted chat with Virgin Media, they were zeroing in on the Samsung Set Top Box. It currently says "INSTALLATION".
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 27 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean it will not respond to the remote at all?

Please let me know