Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I can't control the volume on my Sharp tv Its like it has a

Customer Question

Hi I can't control the volume on my Sharp tv Its like it has a mind of its own and you can watch the sound bar display VB shooting up to maximum. Some times it goes down to zero. This has only started in the last three days. TV set is around six or seven years old
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi, no joy. Still the same and when it goes to maximum it freezes there and is impossible to lower. It's like it's being controlled by another remote or day I say it a poltergeist or something of that nature
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi no sorry I can't afford to pay more money so will have to wait for your reply.
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

What is it connecting to for a signal? Cable box? A Satelite Box?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It's a satellite box
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

If you use a different input such as a DVD player, do you get the same issue occuring?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Not sure Richard it has only started a few days ago and I don't have a dvd player connected anywhere. This is a secondary TV in my bedroom
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Ok, but we need to try another source on the TV, or can you connect the satellite box to the other Tv to see if the problem then happens there?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Other TV is in my front lounge and is directly connected to the satellite box, Sky, the cable runs then through a wall socket and the bedroom TV is then connected to VB that
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

ok... sorry I cannot exactly follow what you mean but can you do the last test I gave?