Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Bang olefsun 5000 receiver works for ten seconds then powers

bang olefsun 5000 receiver works for ten seconds then powers off
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the receiver (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual receiver, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the receiver, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Richard. Haven't got item yet it's for sale on eBay for 99 pound.but it matches my other separates.so trying to find òut if it's an easy fix if I buy it. Regards ŕoģer
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

I would not recommend buying it Roger as if my solution does not work you need a new power board or a mainboard, installation of it sourcing it ect.

I would really advice gainst it Roger and go an extra few hundred pounds to get a working one, as oppose to one that could just be a money pit regarding repairs.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you Richard. Regards roger
Expert:  Richard replied 29 days ago.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.