Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Lg55uj701. selected country uk and language English but

Customer Question

lg55uj701. selected country uk and language English but 'where are you' screen says incomplete
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
No different
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
it should automatically go to next screen but stays on where are you? screen. showing language English country uk...tv needs to know broadcasting country
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Can you change the batteries in the remote and tell me if this helps please

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
changed batteries. no different
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

Does the TV respond to anything by the remote at all? The volume buttons?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
vol works
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

And if you press Ok on the remote, does it then proceed?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
just goes back to choice of language
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

It is the internal memory in the TV that has faulted, this is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you. Will return ....only bought yesterday
Expert:  Richard replied 25 days ago.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.