*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Sony BRAVIA TV KDL-32V4000 turns on for a few seconds and

Hi. My Sony BRAVIA TV KDL-32V4000 turns on for a few seconds and then swithces off with the standby light flashing four times. I'm not sure what's happened.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: The make is a Sony and model is KDL-32V4000 and this is the first time this has happened since I purchased the tv nearly nine years ago
Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: everything would work if the tv stayed on long enough. it shuts down within seconds have removed all inputs
Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: its just happened a week ago. like I said earlier never had any problem before it was working fine before. switched it off one night and next day this problem
Assistant: Is there anything else the expert should be aware of?
Customer: no this is pretty much all the info i can give
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 25 days ago.
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try a Power Reset please..
1. Turn off the TV.
2. Unplug the power cord of the TV from the electrical outlet.
3. Let the TV remain without power for 60 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. (If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.)
5. Turn on the TV.
If the issue still persists after performing power reset, that may be an indication that the TV needs the LD board replaced. Your local service shop can replace that for you fairly inexpensively.
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks. We have tried the power reset already and it doesn't seem to sort the problem out. Also is it an LD board or LED board? Just want to be clear on what I need to ask the local service shop for.
The part is most likely the LD board. The four blinking lights usally indicate that failure.