Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My other printer is a MFC-J6520DW I am just setting it up

My other printer is a MFC-J6520DW
I am just setting it up and after installing ink cartilge many times it keeps saying cannot detect can you advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I actually have just done that I had it plugged out overnight and just turned plugged it in again and the cannot detect message is still showing.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Have just down that powered off,cleaned with qtip and damp cloth and powered on and reinstalled and still saying "install ink box "even though i have put in individual cartilages.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Did you take all packaging off the cartridge? The plastic wrapping?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did. I used to putting in these cartilages as they are the same ones as on other printer
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted, this is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.