JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I have a Samsung TV, Model UE48H8000ST. When I turn my TV

I have a Samsung TV, Model UE48H8000ST. When I turn my TV off, and return, say, 10 minutes later and turn it on I get a blank screen, with the audio still running. I usually have to wait approximately 40 minutes to turn the TV on before things are back to normal. Could you advise on any possible solutions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  JamesI replied 20 days ago.

Hi John, how old is the TV?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
3 years old
Expert:  JamesI replied 20 days ago.

The fault suggests the main board which controls the TV is developing a intermittent fault causing the TV to come back on by itself.

A typical cost in terms of parts is around £50, your then looking about an hours and a half's labour, so the repair would be around £120.

If you would like me to recommend a local firm who can give you a quote and replace the faulty part please provide your postcode.