Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Our Sony 55 inch keeps flashing an unreadable message across

Customer Question

Our Sony 55 inch keeps flashing an unreadable message across the screen every few minutes . It was situated in the lounge for 2.yearscwith no problems then we bought a 65 inch Sony and moved the 55 inch upstairs 1 level and after this the problem occurred
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what the TV is connecting to for a signal?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sky but I spoke to them and went right through the set up process with them after which they said any problem with them would be cleared but it still happens
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

ok, if you disconnect the Sky box from the TV, do you still get the flashing message?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
We don't have a picture
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

yes that is expected, but is the message still flashing?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 20 days ago.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Good morning it seemed ok last night will let you know how it goes tonight .thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It has been ok so far so fingers crossed
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
After 2/3 days the message starts flashing across the screen , if I repeat the power off sequence it goes again. Any further suggestions ?
Expert:  Richard replied 13 days ago.

can you read the message at all now?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This display does not support HDCP go to Skyviewinghelp.com ( I have done this went through full set up and it is still the same) for further information please disconnect your HDMI connection . Press back up to cancel. We tried another port still the same . Curry’s said daily with TV settings refer to Sony !!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Curry’s said problem with TV refer to Sony
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Any helpful comenta ?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Connect a different device to this HDMI connection and tell me if it gives the same message please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the same message
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

It is the internal mainboard in the TV that has faulted., this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.