Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Our Sony 55 inch keeps flashing an unreadable message across

Our Sony 55 inch keeps flashing an unreadable message across the screen every few minutes . It was situated in the lounge for 2.yearscwith no problems then we bought a 65 inch Sony and moved the 55 inch upstairs 1 level and after this the problem occurred

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me what the TV is connecting to for a signal?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sky but I spoke to them and went right through the set up process with them after which they said any problem with them would be cleared but it still happens

ok, if you disconnect the Sky box from the TV, do you still get the flashing message?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We don't have a picture

yes that is expected, but is the message still flashing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good morning it seemed ok last night will let you know how it goes tonight .thank you

Ok, I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It has been ok so far so fingers crossed
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After 2/3 days the message starts flashing across the screen , if I repeat the power off sequence it goes again. Any further suggestions ?

can you read the message at all now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This display does not support HDCP go to Skyviewinghelp.com ( I have done this went through full set up and it is still the same) for further information please disconnect your HDMI connection . Press back up to cancel. We tried another port still the same . Curry’s said daily with TV settings refer to Sony !!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Curry’s said problem with TV refer to Sony
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any helpful comenta ?

Connect a different device to this HDMI connection and tell me if it gives the same message please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the same message

It is the internal mainboard in the TV that has faulted., this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.