Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My hdd has frozen, it fails the test with error code 5. It

My hdd has frozen, it fails the test with error code 5.
It says i can reformat but i will lose my recordings. Is there any way i can recover my recordings please?
Humax HDR 2000T 500GB.
Yours
Mick

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The answer you have supplied was in the request for me to supply what i have already tried. So i am not happy with the result.

If this has been done you will need to attempt to do the format to see if the hard disk is actually working, this cannot be avoided.

Please do this and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No i am not paying more money for information i have already given you.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thanks my apology i will try that.

No problem!

thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry to take so long, formatted hard disk it deleted all recordings. Would not work initially but switch it off then back on then it worked fine.
Disconnected power supply to move it and it went back to the way it was asking to reformat the HARD DRIVE. Did this again but now it is locked up on processing and cannot operate any controls.
So now i have unplugged it and reconnected and started to re install it without pressing OK on reset HDD to see what happens.

ok, it is looking like though a faulty hard drive, this is the most likely cause.

But let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will thanks, ***** ***** hard format again and it is processing again so i will wait and see what happens if anything.

Thanks, ***** ***** know please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** locked up so i took the hard drive out and put another one in. Everthing working fine now many thanks.Mick