JamesI
JamesI, Technician
Experience:  I have provided on site support for a range of devices from media to telecoms.
75967336

I purchased a Panasonic 4K player recently but a electrical

Hi there,
I purchased a Panasonic 4K player recently but a electrical storm blew my Panasonic Tv 4K circuit board;BT Hub;and Panasonic CD rewriter.The company that i purchased the 4K player from refused to reimburse me or repair the unit as it was an"act of God"apparently;everything else went back to manufacturers that i purchased from with no quibbles and was repaired or replaced.
I presume the player will need a new circuit board or be an un-economical repair;it also has a 4K disc within the machine that i would like to retain.
Is there any advice or information that you could give me please.
Many thanks,
Iain.

Hi Iain,

I would be inclined to contact Panasonic and seek for them to repair it, and just state that the retailer wasnt helpful.

There is no need to disclose the cause of the issue, and if you just explain the symptoms you have they should offer a repair on the basis you cover shipping charges.

With regard to the disc, it depends on the model some have a manual eject button which is the size of pin hole which you push a paper clip through and that pushes the tray out so you can get to the disc, other require you to open the case and manually move the gear to eject the disc.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James,
Thanks for the advice....I will try your suggestions.Much appreciated,
Regards,
Iain.

Hi Iain, appreciate if you can rate the service received to date using the star rating on this page.